last change: 2010-11-12 @ 14:06
WHAT IS IT
- can be used for changing the mixer settings of your soundcard(s)
- linux >= 2.3
- some simple libc (glibc/dietlibc/...)
- a mixer device (soundcard/tv-card/...)
Copyright (C) 2001 Tino Reichardt <email@example.com>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
Author strongly advices against using this code, or a part of it,
in an application designed to run on any Microsoft(tm) platform.
Please report bugs to:
Tino Reichardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
0.3:last change: 2010-11-12 @ 13:22
- only fixes for all the arnigs from gcc
- revert back to malloc and friends (removed alloc.c)
- updated manpage
- added mmix.lsm for sunsite
- changed the command line option (more usefull now!)
- added some new configaration stuff (edit|delete old one!)
- version 0.3 will remove all malloc code (use of alloca + fixed sizes!)
- initial version, all is untested :)
last change: 2010-11-12 @ 13:22
1. Possibly, edit the Makefile (compilertuning etc)
$ vi Makefile
2. Read the comments in params.h, and edit the #define's for your needs:
$ vi params.h
3. Build it:
4. Install the binary and the manpage:
# make install
5. Read the manpage!
$ man mmix
6. Start the mixer ...
last change: 2010-11-12 @ 13:24
Q: What configuration is used, if I specify $MMIXRC, the option -f and
have the file ~/.mmixrc ?
A: The configuration loading uses only one file and searches the file in the
1. option -f
3. $HOME/.mmixrc (alias ~/.mmixrc)
Q: What is a device ?
A: The soundcard itself is a device, the mixer also ... every soundcard
should have a mixer device ... this is the device mmix needs :)
If you have more than one soundcard or some other mixing device
(tv-card, radio card, ...), mmix will show you more than one
Q: What is a resource ?
A: This is just a part of your soundcard (eg: pcm, line in, line out) ...
Q: Has mmix alsa support ?
A: Currently no, you can use alsa drivers that support the oss interface.